D’Feeters Soccer Club
Player and Parent Code of Conduct
Acceptance of membership by the D’Feeters Soccer Club is a privilege that carries with it certain obligations. The following agreement is made between the D’Feeters Soccer Club and its players and their parents.
Responsibilities of the Player
- Players are expected to conduct themselves at all times in a manner which is in keeping with representing the D’Feeters and not bring discredit upon the organization
- Players shall refrain from using profanity during games or practices.
- Player will show respect toward referees, opposing players, coaches and fans. They will not harass, abuse or berate a referee for any reason.
- Players shall not participate in physical violence or threats thereof during games or practice.
- Attendance at training and all games is mandatory. Make up sessions must be pre-approved by their respective coach.
- Players should bring cleats, running shoes, shin guards, water, and usable soccer ball to practice.
- Players are expected to show respect for all coaches and adhere to all instructions.
- Players shall be on time and prepared for all practices and games as outline by their coach.
- Players will play within the Spirit and Laws of the Game.
- Players maintain the highest standard of conduct and good sportsmanship.
- Players are expect to wear the approved training uniform and club uniform during practices and games.
- Use or possession of any illegal drug substance or illegal activity of any kind will not be tolerated. It is your responsibility to prevent situations from occurring and avoiding situations that occur.
Responsibilities of the Parent/Spectators
- Parents must set the example by exemplifying the highest standards of sportsmanship.
- Parents participate in a game by watching, cheering and supporting the efforts of all participants.
- Parents must understand that the game is for the players, their participation and enjoyment is the most important element.
- Parents shall maintain a professional relationship with their child’s coach and avoid a confrontation immediately following the game.
- Parents must never criticize a coach in a public manner.
- Exhibit good sportsmanship and refrain from foul language and verbal abuse of players, coaches, referees, opponents or spectators.
- Parents shall refrain from criticism during games or practices.
- Parents shall not coach or otherwise instruct players during practices or games.
- Parents are expected to have their child on time for training and games.
- Parents shall stay current on all financial obligations to the club and team.
- Parents are encouraged to get involved with the Club and promote the game in a positive way.
Players and Parents must recognize their responsibility to abide by the D’Feeters Soccer Club Code of Conduct.