Team Selection Process, Game Schedule and Policy Information
Showcase Entry Deadline - October 7, 2019
Letters of Acceptance/Decline - No later than October 11, 2019
Entry Fee: $895.00
Determining team selections:
- The strength of playing league, participating division, and standings in the league.
- The strength of tournaments, participating teams and final standings in the tournament.
- State, Regional and National competition participation and standings.
- Competition against state, regional and national ranked teams.
- Team(s) will play in the age group determined by their official roster. (GotSoccer registration)
- No team(s) will be allowed to play up an age group.
- Showcase Participating Age Groups: a) U18/19 b) U17 c) U16 d) U15.
Determining Age Groups:
Beginning in 2016/17, and according to the USYSA, age groups are determined by calendar year of birth.
The change to calendar year age groups will reflect as follows:
Under 19 – Jan 1–Dec 31, 2001
Under 18 – Jan 1–Dec 31, 2002
Under 17 – Jan 1–Dec 31, 2003
Under 16 – Jan 1–Dec 31, 2004
Under 15 – Jan 1–Dec 31, 2005
Determining number of teams selections:
- Due to the limited number of fields available to us, we are limited in the amount of teams that we are able to accept.
- Age groups normally consist of 12-16 teams according to strength of age group.
- Selection is based on each team's competitive level of play.
- Teams will play a minimum of three games.
- Normally, games are scheduled one game per day (Friday, Saturday and Sunday).
- If the schedule requires, teams may be scheduled to play a 1 game Friday and two Saturday.
- Friday games will start no earlier than 11:30 AM / Sunday games will end no later than 3:00 PM.
- Special attention will be given to teams driving distances and air travel schedules.
- Games will be 80 minutes.
- All games are played at McInnish Park (U15-U16) and Cox Fields (U17-U18/19).
It is required from the City of Farmers Branch that all participating teams MUST use one of our approved hotels if accepted to the Thanksgiving Showcase.
Teams withdrawing once accepted to the Thanksgiving Showcase will forfeit their entry fee.
- In the event of inclement weather, the showcase committee will have the authority to reschedule, and/or change the duration and/or cancel any games due to the playing conditions.
- In case of inclement weather, please check at the main tents at Cox and McInnish Parks for updated field conditions. It is each team's responsibility to check for schedule/field changes.
If inclement weather cancels the showcase prior to the start of the first scheduled game, a maximum of 50% of the entry fee will be retained by the showcase to cover the start-up cost of the showcase.